Monday, March 24, 2008

AP Beefing up Entertainment Coverage

Browsing Romenesko, I came across this article from a Hollywood blog about the Associated Press. I hope I am not the only one in the class who becomes aggravated with the amount of Hollywood coverage in the news - television news, papers, and 24-hour news networks like CNN or MSNBC. But this has disappointed me in a different way. Now, one of the largest (if not the largest) press wires is beefing up its already large entertainment coverage because, they claim, it is what their readers want and because it "makes good business sense".

Ugh.

While reading the Hollywood blog, I stumbled on a quote from the AP's Los Angeles bureau stating: "now and for the foreseeable future, virtually everything involving Britney is a big deal."

Personally, if I wanted more Britney, I would turn to TMZ or trashy magazines at the grocery checkout...

No comments: