Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sports coverage online

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel utilizes photos, articles and webcasts for its online sports coverage. Columnist Michael Hunt issues a weekly report called Mike's Monologue in which he comments on a few major local and national sports stories. He also writes a regular column. JSOnline has also utilized the web's ability to connect instantaneously with people. For the University of Wisconsin-Citadel football game, there was a running weblog and updating box score during the game as well as a game preview and post-game report. I really like the set-up and found their coverage to be well-rounded and accurate.

1 comment:

ljt said...

How do you like following a live blogcast when also watching an event? If you haven't done that, you might want to give it a try. It's an interesting experience. Live blogging (meaning you're the one doing the blogging) seems like something very challenging to me; I imagine I'd spend half the blog saying "oh, what I MEANT to say was..." or "the REAL number is... ." Actually, is that something you've done for a sports event? I'd be curious about what it was like.